Mouwasat Hospital Dammam has paid special attention to providing a diversified set of health care services for chest diseases. Mouwasat Hospital Dammam was well-prepared to accommodate demand for respirators and intensive care rooms due to the large-scale outbreak of the novel corona virus (COVID-19) around the world. This is attributable to equipping the hospital with state-of-the-art medical equipment and devices in the pulmonary medicine clinic for efficiently providing health care services related to chest diseases.
The medical equipment used and cases treated by pulmonary medicine advisor in Dammam are:
- Bronchoscopy: it is used in the diagnosis of lung tumors by taking cells from the airways leading to lungs and making a bronchial washing.
- Pulmonary function tests, such as various functions of lungs, including volume, capacity, rates of flow, and gas exchange from lungs into blood.
- Diagnosis of Pleural Effusion: diagnosis includes cases of pleural tapping and taking samples from the pleural membrane.
- Treatment of bronchial tubes inflammation, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and bronchiectasis.
- Treatment of all diseases related to respiratory infections.
- Diagnosis and treatment of interstitial lung diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment of all diseases related to lower respiratory tract.