Because we believe in the right of everyone to obtain high-level health care, a specialized and integrated unit has been added to care for patients suffering from diabetes and diabetic foot in Al-Mouwasat Hospitals.
The unit contains the following specializations:
- Thyroid diseases
- Diseases of the pituitary gland
- Diseases of the pancreas and adrenal gland
- Growth hormone disorders
- Diabetes and its complications
- Gonadal disorders
- Diabetic Foot Clinic
- Treatment of chronic and acute diabetic ulcers
- Treatment of venous ulcers
- Measurement of blood flow to diabetic foot
- Measuring the percentage of oxygen needed to heal wounds and ulcers
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of diabetes complications.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of diabetic neuropathy.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of diabetic nephropathy.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of obesity.
- Installing insulin pumps
- Periodic eye examination for diabetics
- Follow-up of retinal infiltration for patients with diabetes
- Follow-up of white water for diabetics
- Retinal examinations for patients with diabetes
- Treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Follow-up of diabetic pregnant women.
- Follow-up of complications of diabetes in pregnant women.
- Integrated care for the mother and the fetus during childbirth.
- Creating nutrition programs to improve or maintain patient’s health
- Assessing nutritional and health needs and planning meals for patients
Diabetes Education Clinic
- Conducting educational programs for diabetics and their families
- Awareness of the complications of diabetes and how to avoid them