Orthopedic Department at Mouwasat Hospital in Dammam provides its services of treating bones diseases and problems to all age groups by using state of the art medical equipment. The services provided by the Orthopedic Department at Mouwasat Hospital in Dammam fall under various categories, including: emergency services, elective services, inpatient services, pediatric orthopedic, and hand surgery.
Cases treated at Orthopaedic Department of Mouwasat Hospital Dammam include:
- All types of fractures of upper limb, lower limb and pelvis.
- Dislocation of the joints.
- Fracture dislocation.
- Crush injury of upper limb and lower limb included repair of traumatic wound, tendon repair, amputation and soft tissue reconstruction.
- All types of open fractures with vascular and nerve injury.
A. PEDIATRIC SURGERY:
- All types of fracture in pediatric group of upper limb, lower limb and pelvis.
- All types of bony and soft tissue deformity of upper limb, lower limb and spine.
- All pediatric orthopedic congenital deformity in upper and lower extremities.
- Neuromuscular diseases, skeletal dysplasia, metabolic diseases impacting upper and lower extremities.
- Common related pediatric deformity.
B. MEDICAL SERVICES:
- Treatment of osteoarthritis
- Treatment of osteoporosis
- Treatment of Vitamin D deficiency.
C. SURGICAL SERVICES:
- All types of intra-articular injection.
- Platelet rich plasma injection (PRP).
D. INPATIENT SERVICES:
- Total knee, pelvis, and shoulder replacement.
- Redial head replacement by prothesis.
- Arthroscopy of knee, shoulder and ankle joint.
- Fixation of all types of fractures of upper limb, lower limb and pelvis by closed or open techniques using different types of fixation (i.e. plates, Intermediary Nailing (IMN), external fixator).
- Excision of all types of benign tumor and soft tissue masses.
- Tenolysis, tendon repair and tendon transfer.
- Nerve decompression and nerve transfer.
E. HAND SURGERY:
- All types of fractures of hands and wrists.
- All types of bony and soft tissue deformity of upper limb.
- Treatment of congenital defects in the hand and wrist.
- Arthrodesis of the wrist and small joints of the hand.
- Crush injury of upper limb included repair of traumatic wound, tendon repair, amputation and soft tissue reconstruction.
- Tendon repair, tendon transfer and reconstruction of the soft tissue of the hand and wrist.