The Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) Department at Mouwasat Hospital/Riyadh is deemed a Center of Excellence in diagnosing ear, nose, and throat problems and diseases in Saudi Arabia (KSA). ENT Department provides a comprehensive set of services and treatments through the outpatient clinics section, Vertigo & Balance Unit, and Audiology Unit. The END Department family comprises an elite of physicians and experts specializing in Ear, Nose, and Throat and is well-equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and medical devices.
ENT OPD SERVICES:
- Complete ear, nose, and throat examination.
- Endoscopic examination of ear, nose, and throat (rigid and flexible endoscopes).
- Vocal cords and laryngeal endoscopic examination.
- Endoscopic and microscopic ear examination, cleaning, suction, washing, middle ear injection, and dressing.
- Foreign body removal from nose, throat, and ears.
- Chemical cautery of epistaxis, nasal packing, and removal of packing.
- Nasal splints & suture removal after nasal surgeries.
- Nasal and paranasal sinuses toilet and suction cleaning after surgery.
- Follow up of surgical patients with suture removal and dressing of wounds.
OPERATIONS PERFORMED BY ENT DOCTORS:
- Nose (turbinates, nasal septal, and epistaxis) surgeries and endoscopic operations of all diseases of the paranasal sinuses.
- Endoscopic endonasal surgery of nasolacrimal duct obstruction, orbital and optic nerve decompression.
- Endoscopic CSF rhinorrhea repair and endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery in collaboration with Neurosurgeons.
- Microscopic/ Endoscopic surgeries of the external & middle ear, tympanoplasty & mastoidectomy.
- Microscopic examination and surgeries of the pharynx, larynx, and trachea.
- Throat and pharyngeal surgeries of pediatrics and adults.
- Tracheostomy and repair of tracheal-cutaneous fistula.
- Diagnosis and biopsies of all head and neck masses and tumors.
- Snoring & sleep apnea surgery & somnoplasty.
- COBLATOR® assisted surgeries of the nose, palate, and larynx.
SERVICES AT VERTIGO & BALANCE UNIT:
- Evaluation of dizzy patients.
- Examination and evaluation of semicircular canals function.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of dizziness cases resulting from inner ear or vestibular nerve diseases.
- Video nystagmography.
- Vestibular-evoked myogenic potential test.
SERVICES AT AUDIOLOGY UNIT:
- Diagnosis and management of middle ear problems, tinnitus, and hearing loss in adults and children.
- Basic audiological assessment of sensorineural and conductive hearing (Pure Tone Audiogram).
- Eustachian tube function test.
- Speech discrimination test.
- Otoacoustic test and neonatal hearing screening.
- Auditory brainstem evoked response test.
- Management of all kinds of hearing loss by medical treatment or prescription of the appropriate hearing aids.
- Examination and adjustment of hearing aids.
- Diagnosis and management of tinnitus.