The psychiatry department at Mouwasat Hospital in Dammam provides the services of diagnosing and treating psychiatric and neurological diseases, with upholding the patients’ privacy.
Moreover, the department medical professionals with extensive experience deliver special programs for treating psychiatric disorders.
- diagnosis and treatment of major psychiatric cases in adults, including depression, anxiety disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD), schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, social and specific phobias , delusions…etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of geriatric cases in psychiatry, such as: (behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia, geriatric depression, delusions in elder people, anxiety disorders in elder people.
- Diagnosing the most common neuro-developmental disorders in children (such as: autism, Asperger's syndrome, intellectual disabilities).
- Diagnosis and treatment of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adults.
- Diagnosis and treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Psychometric Tests (Psychology Unit).
- Psychological disturbances in children, including lying, stealing, stubbornness and rebellion, stuttering and speech disorders, fear of school, bedwetting, thumb sucking, nail biting, aggression.
- Psychotherapy sessions using cognitive and behavioral therapy (Psychology Unit).