Pediatric Department at Mouwasat Hospital in Dammam provides a wide set of pediatric surgery services for all age group children in order to meet needs of the kingdom citizens and residents. Furthermore, pediatric surgery department team comprises an elite of qualified physicians and surgeons and is equipped with state-of-the-art medical devices and equipment. The services and treatments provided by pediatric surgery department fall under the following categories: pediatric medicine and pediatric surgery. The diseases classified under pediatric medicine include respiratory diseases, digestive tract diseases, neuromuscular diseases, blood diseases, tumors, infectious diseases, kidney diseases, endocrine diseases and diabetes, pediatric rheumatic diseases, pediatric cardiac diseases, pediatric intensive care unit, and newborns and premature care unit.
- Bronchial Asthma.
- Pleural effusion.
- Chest infection.
- Acute follicular Tonsillitis.
Digestive Tract Diseases:
- Gastroenteritis with severe dehydration.
- Gastritis and helicobacter pylori.
- Milk allergy and food allergy.
• Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. • Foreign body removal from the digestive tract. • chronic enteritis. • Liver diseases. • Malabsorption cases.
- Normal and acute epilepsy.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Flaccid paralysis.
- Muscle diseases.
- Inflammatory and Infectious CNS Diseases.
- Hyper activity.
- Speech delay.
- Growth delay.
- Peripheral nerves check.
- Acquired hemolytic anemia.
- Hemolytic Anemia.
- Sickle cell disease.
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Intracavitary chemotherapy (intrathecal, intra-bladder, exchange transfusion).
- Systemic chemotherapy for cancers and hematologic malignancies.
- Systematic chemotherapy
- Therapy & supportive TH. For solid tumors & Hematologic malignancies.
- tumor imaging by CT, MRI, PET scan & nuclear imaging.
- Management and maintenance of indwelling venous access catheters.
- Treat Brain tumors.
- Fever of unknown cause.
- Measles and rubella.
- Kawasaki disease.
- Tropical infection like Malaria, Typhoid, and H1N1.
- COVID-19 Treatment.
- Lymph infection (diagnostic and treatment).
- Urinary tract infection.
- Nephrotic Syndrome, renal immune inflammation, and renal deformity.
- Urinary Incontinence.
- Urinary tract infection.
Endocrine diseases and diabetes:
- Short stature and inability to grow.
- Growth hormone treatment.
- early puberty and delayed puberty.
- diabetes of type one and two.
- Insulin sensor and pump for diabetes.
Pediatric Cardiac Diseases:
- All cases requiring ultrasound of heart and three-dimensional charge of the heart.
- Arrhythmia treatment.
- Newborn and children with cardiac diseases.
- Echocardiogram for fetal heart.
- Treating deformity with children by catheter (closing holes in the heart and enlarging valves...etc.)
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Serious cases ranging from 31 days to 12 years old requiring intensive care.
- Children in a need for ventilator support (invasive & noninvasive).
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) on insulin infusion.
- Metabolic patients.
- Infected or Immunocompromised patients needs frequent monitoring and intensive care.
- Trauma cases.
- For evaluation and treatment of life-threatening illnesses.
- When the patient requires intensive nursing care beyond the capabilities of regular in-patient nursing unit.
- Renal cases need frequent monitoring and intensive care.
- Gastro intestinal cases need frequent monitoring and intensive care.
- Post-operative patients’ needs intensive care management.
- Neurological cases need frequent monitoring and intensive care.
- acute drug intoxication’s with obtundation, compromised airway protective reflexes, hemodynamic instability, and incipient cardiac arrhythmias.
- acute drug intoxications requiring continuous infusion medications or frequent administration of intravenous medications.