P.O. Box 282 Dammam 31411 KSA
Mouwasat Medical Services Company has established a state of the art fertility unit since 2011 at Mouwasat Hospital Dammam, to provide infertility solutions to the community confirming with the company’s mission and vision reflecting the strategies of expansion, development and advancement of services.
Mouwasat Fertility Unit is operated by a group of highly qualified professionals (IVF consultants, radiologist, embryologists, nurses, social workers and administration staff….etc.).
The unit constitutes of:
Fully Equipped Out Patient Clinics
Highly Advanced Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Laboratory
Fully prepared Operation Theatre and Recovery Room
Male/ Female waiting arears
Dedicated Medical Records
Private Sample Collection Room
Treatment Options at Mouwasat Fertility Unit
Intra Uterine Insemination IUI
For Intra Urine Insemination, suspended of husband’s washed and concentrated sperm is place in uterus through a soft catheter that has been passed through the cervix. This technique may be used to overcome cervical mucus problem, unexplained fertility, and ejaculatory disorders. This technique ensures the arrival of sperm to the nearest place of the egg at the time of ovulation.
This type of insemination is suitable for woman with healthy and open fallopian tube(s). Tips and advice:
- Compliance with medication required after the injection for two weeks.
- A pregnancy test should be done after two weeks of the insemination.
- Avoid stress and this does not mean staying in bed at all times.
- Do not have intercourse until a pregnancy test.
In Vitro Fertilization IVF
This term refers to a process where the egg and sperm placed together outside the body in normal circumstances after the fertilization and cleavage the “embryo” transferred” to the uterus through a transfer catheter.
This treatment is effective in the event of blockage of the fallopian tubes (Tubal Factor), irregular menstrual cycle or the relative weakness in terms of sperm count and motility.
Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection ICSI
Is a process in which a single sperm from the husband into the cytoplasm of the egg in ART laboratory conditions in assistance of special micro manipulations which consists of magnifications to the size of the egg and using a microscopic needle its diameter about (7 microns). ICSI is used in couples with reduced sperm count and quality or with sperms extracted from the testicular tissue and in whim the risk of fertilization failure is increased.
How is an IVF/ICSI treatment cycle performed?
- It is a series of test each one occurring at a specific time, we call this steps the protocol or the program.
- First the ovary stimulated with hormone injection program according to the doctor advice, the program differs from one patient to another.
- Egg development is monitored to determine the wife’s response to the injections and to avoid ovarian hyper stimulations syndrome (OHSS) and blood tests will be done to measure the progesterone and estradiol levels.
- After monitoring the development and the human maturation of the egg a human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) injection is given 34 to 36 hours before egg collection.
- Egg collection is a simple process can be done under local or general anesthesia or conscious sedation in a special operation room attached to the embryology lab.
- The retrieved eggs are washed and placed in a culture media in a special CO2 incubator. After that the embryologist performed series of time steps he or she will select the sperm to inject into the egg. In the next morning the fertilized eggs will be kept in the incubators for additional 24-96 hours. The developed embryos are then selected and will be transferred to the uterus.
- Embryo transfer (ET): It is painless procedure and does not require anesthesia usually 2-3 embryos are transferred to the uterus through a soft catheter and it Is performed under ultra sound guidance with a full bladder to have the best outcome from the procedure.
- Hlaser Assisted Hatching: This process of assisted hatching uses a laser beam to create a precise opening in the outer coating (zona pellucida) allowing the embryo to escape and so to increase the implantation rate.
- Conditions we offer assisted hatching:
- Wife age over 38 years.
- If the embryo coating excessively thick.
- Couples failed to implant after 3 or more cycles.
- Couples undergo frozen-thawed embryo transfer.
- After the embryo transfer: The wife will be asked to take daily medication until the pregnancy test (B-HCG) is performed (after 2 weeks). During that do not do hard activities or have intercourse until the pregnancy test known.
- Embryo Freezing: Couples can freeze the exceed embryos after the transfer. These embryos provide second or third opportunity for pregnancy without undergoing another ovarian stimulation and retrieval our rapid freezing technique called Vitrification. We do not guarantee the embryos to survive after freezing and thawing and implantation rate for the survived embryos lower than the fresh embryos.
- Surgical Sperm Collection: In certain male factor infertility, sperms collected surgically from the epididymis using a fine needle aspiration. This procedure is known as (TESA) if no sperms obtained with the fine needle a small surgical incision is made In the scrotum and a small amount of testicular tissue removed to search for a sperm in a procedure called (TESE).
- Cancellation of IVF/ICSI Cycle: In case of,
- The ovarian responsiveness to the stimulation is low.
- The ovarian responsiveness to the stimulation is high (Hyper stimulation).
- No sperms obtained from the husband.
- Fertilization fails or the embryos do not continue dividing and growing.