The main responsibilities of the Facility Management and Safety department are as follows:
- Identify, assess, reduce and control environmental hazards and risks which includes planning, educating and monitoring.
- Control and prevent the loss of healthcare organizations' patients, visitors, volunteers, physicians, employees and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintain risk management statistics, and files in compliances with accreditation requirements of the Joint Commission and other agencies.
- Develop/coordinate and administer facility wide system for risk identification, investigation, and reduction.
- Perform risk surveys, inspect patient care areas, review facility and assess loss potential.
- Design, implement and maintain a direct referral system for staff to report unexpected events, and potential claims against facility through input sources as medical record, nursing, medical staff and quality improvement.
- Provide proactive analysis of patients' safety and medical errors process.
- Participate in root cause analysis and investigation and to report adverse drug events to the appropriate parties.